Monday, September 26, 2011

The joys of home ownership

For awhile we have been working on updating our kitchen.  One of the joys of buying a house built in the 50's means that there are plenty of areas for improvement.  Luckily, the bathroom in our house was already updated when we bought it, so we've been wanting to update the kitchen for awhile.  Back in June we got the countertops replaced and couldn't be happier!  However, then we got married and one week turned into a couple weeks...and finally over Labor Day weekend we finished the backsplash!

I don't know what Julle's beef was with the previous look, kind of rustic if you ask me!



So, after a coat of paint, some mosaic tiles...voilà!





I was nervous about installing tile since I never had before, but it was simpler than I made it out to be.  Now I think I can tackle the kitchen floor...now just the "easy" part of picking out tile with Julle!

No comments:

Post a Comment